What Services Do Local Agencies Provide for Senior Citizens?
In your golden years, you can run into many life situations where additional help is needed. From transportation to home repairs or filing taxes, circumstances can arise that require assistance from specialists, contractors or family members. While this may seem like an intimidating prospect, there are ways to find the help you need. For seniors who live in a senior community, such as Country Gardens Assisted Living Community, support may be closer at hand than for seniors living independently. However, resources that help improve your quality life are always helpful, no matter what your living arrangements.
If you or a loved one are in search of support services and senior citizen resources, here is some information on who can help and where to look.
Senior Citizen Resources
If you are interested in finding senior citizen resources, a great place to start is with local, state and federal government programs that provide them. Here are some of the many agencies dedicated to supporting the needs of our country’s seniors:
- The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a national organization dedicated to helping people over the age of 50 through established programs and education, as well as local partnerships.
- The National Council on Aging helps people aged 60+ to find local senior programs that assist with health and financial security.
- Meals on Wheels is a national program found in most communities that helps to meet the need for food resources. All Meals on Wheels programs are focused on providing seniors with healthy meals in their own homes.
- HealthFinder is a program managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The website is designed to help seniors find local agencies and non-profit organizations that assist seniors in need.
- Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) manages more than 620 agencies around the country that serve seniors over the age of 60. The agencies provide services that include caregiver support, meal programs, transportation and insurance counseling.
Many families who have a loved one in a senior living facility, like Lamar Court Assisted Living Community, can learn about additional resources through the care team at their senior community. At Lamar Court, team members go through extensive training in order to not only understand the needs of the Lamar residents and the resources available at Lamar Court, but also to grow their knowledge of community and federal resources available to residents and their families.
So, what types of community resources and senior citizen resources are available in your area? And how do you find them?
What Services do Local Agencies Provide for Senior Citizens?
The agencies list above provide many senior citizen resources, but they are not the only options. Here are some types of services many local agencies offer:
- Adult Day Care
- Caregiver Programs
- Elder Abuse Prevention Programs
- Financial Assistance
- Home Health Services
- Home Repair or Modification
- Legal Assistance
- Long-Term Care Programs
- Nutrition Services
- Respite Care
- State Health Insurance Counseling
- Volunteer Services
Finding Your Happiness
At Country Gardens, Lamar Court and all the Tutera Senior Living and Health Care communities, we ensure that many senior citizen resources are available on our campuses. At each community, the environment helps residents remain socially active, join fitness programs and eat a healthy, delicious diet. Additional services include:
- Management of all interior and exterior maintenance
- Maintenance of an emergency response system
- Housekeeping, linen service and personal laundry
- Support in activities of daily living
- 24-hour security
- Transportation to outings and appointments
- Activity, social, wellness and fitness programs
Contact Tutera Senior Living and Health Care today to learn more about our communities, our culture and our care!
The Atriums Senior Living Community
Carnegie Village Senior Living Community
Charlton Place Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
Country Gardens Assisted Living Community
Lamar Court Assisted Living Community
Mission Chateau Senior Living Community
Moweaqua Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
Norterre - The Laurel Assisted Living and Memory Care
Oakley Courts Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
Rose Estates Assisted Living Community
St. Paul's Senior Community
Stratford Commons Memory Care Community
Tiffany Springs Senior Living Community
The Lodge at Manito Assisted Living & Memory Care Community
Victory Hills Senior Living Community
The Village at Mission Senior Living Community
Wesley Court Assisted Living Community